Independent travelling by car is an unforgettable experience. Even if you prefer a packaged holiday, we recommend renting a car for a couple of days – and then the trip will give you completely different emotions. The example is avr rental las vegas. We will share some more proven tips for car rental.
What do you need to rent a car in Texas?
Depending on the agency, the requirements may vary slightly, but we will focus on the most common in the USA.
- Age: The majority of companies that offer cars for rent, are indicating the minimum age of the driver – 21 years, some increase it to 25 years. Small agencies often offer cars to those, who are older than 18.
- Documents: For rent, you will need your passport.
- Driver needs an internationally recognized driving license.
- If you booked a car online, we advise you to pre-print the voucher.
- Payment: To pay rent you need a valid card of international payment systems. Keep in mind that when renting a car, many companies require a deposit: either in cash or by card. In the second case, a certain amount will be temporarily frozen on your card. Make sure there is enough money on the card. Sometimes when renting a luxury car, not one, but two cards are required at once.
The deposit is returned to the card in 2-4 weeks. In this case, penalties for traffic violations or damage to the car will be deducted from this amount.
What determines the cost of rent?
The minimum cost of renting a car in the US per day is different, but many factors can affect the final cost:
- The rental company;
- The car class and its year of release;
- The country of hire;
- The type of insurance;
- The season;
- The age of the driver;
- The driving experience;
- The place of receipt and return of the car: usually the supply to the airport or train station costs extra money, and returning the car in another city or state is always more expensive than in the place where you got it.
- The cost of renting a car usually includes unlimited mileage, theft insurance deductible, damage insurance deductible, insurance of third parties, local VAT.
- Additional charges: super insurance, insurance for the second driver, child seat, navigator.
Car rental: how it happens, and what you should remember.
- After booking a car in advance, you go to the rental agency office to get the car.
- You show your driving license, passport and give a printout of the reservation.
- The manager executes the rent and provides all the necessary documents that need to be signed. Be sure to carefully read all the small details of the contract.
- The process of getting the car.
- If there was any force majeure, or you got into an accident, inform the company, where you got the car.
- When you return the car, save the document confirming that it was returned in its original form.
- Remember that the level of gasoline in the tank on the return of the car should be the same as at the time you got the car.
What else you should know?
The rules of the road in each state are slightly different. For example, in New Jersey or California it is allowed to turn right to a red light if it is safe, and in New York, you will get a fine for the same maneuver. However, with the driving silence, obtained in one of the states, you can safely drive to other states. In some of them, additional documents may be needed to confirm your identity.
Police in the USA
If you are followed by a police car or a motorcycle with flashing lights turned on, stop at the curb so as not to interfere with traffic. In no case do not get out of the car and do not try to get the documents. Wait for the police officer to come closer and keep your hands on the steering wheel so that the police officer can see them. Do not argue with the police, if violated, it is best to admit the guilt. For minor violations, the police most likely will not penalize and will not take away your driving license, but if they have already fined you, you must pay the fine within 15 days or put it in issue.
Serious violations in the United States are speeding, driving through a red light, non-observance of the “STOP” sign, not giving way to the police or an ambulance car or driving past a school bus when children get on it. All violations and penalties received at any state of the USA are recorded in one database and are bound to a driver’s license or car number. That is why, if you are deprived of a license for drunk driving in New York, you will not get a new one in Texas – everything is known about you.
Do not forget to read about the features of the road in the place where you are going. What is allowed, what is prohibited, what are the features of the terrain and which cars are more convenient for driving, tips from drivers and other nuances. With such preparation, renting a car in Texas will be successful and will help you get the best possible emotions from the trip.